The objective of the Zimbabwe diaspora investment seminar was to bring together members of the Zimbabwe diaspora, friends of Zimbabwe, private sector and students with shared interests in the role and contribution of the diaspora.
The seminar, an initiative of Zimbabwe Diaspora Engagement Network (ZDEN) to attrack Zimabweans living in continental Europe and beyond, officials from Zimbabwe government and the private sector.
This event is in response to the urgent need for mainstreaming Zimbabweans living abroad into national development process in line with the aspirations and goals of the Zimbabwe Investment Authority Vision 2030 which recognizes diaspora contribution to the growth of the Zimbabwean economy and in the achievement of the overarching vision of a globally competitive and prosperous Zimbabwe’s future.
The diaspora account for significant share of the Zimbabwean GDP and according to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ), remittances from the Zimbabwe Diaspora in 2017 stood at over $180 million, accounting to a high percentage of the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
Saturday 24th November, 2018
- Engaging Diaspora for National Development
- Investment products specific to the needs of the Diaspora community
- Concurrent Break Away workshops
- Career opportunities for Zimbabweans in the Diaspora
- Souring hyperinflation returns to Zimbabwe
- Diaspora Role in Development in Zimbabwe